What Is It Like To Work With Jodie?
Since every coach and hypnotherapist is different, here is a synopsis of what will happen during your sessions. I hold my sessions via video chat, generally on a program called zoom. Once you book your session, you will receive a web link for Zoom to click on, and a few different documents listed below.
Here you will fill in your personal contact information, and you will also be able to select from a list of issues which you may want to work on during our sessions together. If anything you would like to work on is not on this list, you will have an opportunity to write that in as well.
In this document, I list all the pertinent information you should have ahead of time so that you can read and keep a copy for your records. This includes my education and experience, the types of services I provide, billing information, confidentiality policies, and other legalities.
Clients Rights Brochure:
This document is required to be given to you by the State of Washington in which I reside, prior to or at the first session of any counseling relationship, including Hypnotherapy. It will explain your rights as a client, laws regarding confidentiality, and what is legally required of the Hypnotherapist.
Preparing for Your Session:
Just before your session, you will want to make sure you have a comfortable, quiet, distraction-free place to relax. Make sure you have any desired items nearby such as an eye mask, blanket, tissues, drinking water, and a pillow so that you can be as comfortable as possible. You’ll want to make sure your phone is on do not disturb mode and notifications are turned off. Also, please make sure there is a space next to you to sit your computer or device you will be using for the video chat, such as a coffee table if you will be laying on a couch. Think in terms of preparing for a meditation session.
We will spend approximately 15 minutes at the beginning of the session discussing what brought you to work with me, and your goals-both personal and professional, short term and long. Then we will determine what our goal is for the current session to support you best at the present time. I will take notes during the session for review in our discussion after your hypnosis so that you can create a plan based on what is revealed during hypnosis.
Now it is time for you to sit back and relax. I will guide you into what is called a trance state using an induction, helping you relax deeper into meditation. At all times, you will know where you are and what you are speaking with me. You will be able to take a drink or grab a tissue if needed, and you will be aware of everything you are saying and remember it afterward. You will also be in control of what you are saying and will be able to hold back anything you would not like to share with me at that time. Think about that time when you are falling asleep or just waking up from a dream. You can talk to someone but are in that more relaxed state of being. Even with noises outside that, you may be aware of, we will be able to do our deep work and meaningful work in accessing your subconscious together.
• Changing habits leading to destructive behaviors, such as issues with weight, alcohol, drugs, or gambling
• Transforming unproductive attitudes and behaviors
• Improving relationships and communication
• Strengthening self-esteem, courage, confidence, and sense of self
• Discovering psychological or emotional causes of physical ailments and improving them or even eliminating them.
• Removing blocks to progress, striving for goals and achievements
• Figuring out the cause of and gaining relief from negative emotions such as anger
• Past Life Regression
• Strengthening the connection to self & spirituality based on your belief system
• Exploring your personal values, and your higher purpose
• Communicating with and resolving issues with significant people in your life, alive or deceased
• Healing from any kind of abuse
• Forgiving yourself and others
• Journeying into the future to see your potential successes and challenges, getting answers, changing your future, and becoming your own role model
• Resolving issues of hoarding, indecision or procrastination…
• Anything else you would like to work on!
Coaching to Conclude our Session:
At the end of your hypnosis session, I will guide you out of the trance state. While most of our work will be done in hypnosis, we will also have time at the end of the session to talk through what has been revealed and to guide you through a plan to put it to use. I will often have suggested work that you can continue at home. Examples include suggested reading, journaling, guided meditations to be between sessions, exploring your values and priorities, evaluating your schedule, tracking your habits, etc. These assignments can help you to strengthen and solidify the work you have done in your session, and create momentum toward your goals, leading to lasting change.
How Long Is a Session?
My sessions will typically last a total of two hours. It can vary slightly depending on the individual, but in my experience, this is the most optimal amount of time allowing for 15-30minutes of discussion at the beginning, an hour to an hour and a half of work in hypnosis, and then 15-30 minutes of debriefing and coaching at the end of the session. This will allow for enough time to really delve into the issue you choose to work on in each session, and to support you in seeing real and lasting change in behavior, thoughts, habits, etc. This will also make it possible to see results much faster (in reality, in half the time) than with a single hour session.
"Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy."
Success Rates of Hypnotherapy Modality according to the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis:
• Single Individual Session: 17 - 20% success rate
• Three Individual Sessions: 45 - 50% success rate
• Five or More Individual Sessions: 85 - 90% success rate
Alfred A. Barrios, Ph. D., discovered the following success rates for hypnotherapy versus other therapeutic methods:
• Psychoanalysis: 38% recovery after 600 sessions
• Behavior Therapy: 72% recovery after 22 sessions
• Hypnotherapy: 93% recovery after 6 sessions
Hypnotherapy is a very effective therapeutic option for many reasons. It can be used for anything from anxiety to weight loss, from relationship issues to blocks to progress in your work life. Hypnosis is fantastic for giving you the clarity, purpose, and plan you have been missing to making the changes you’ve been thinking about for so long. Did you know that only 8% of people who set NewYear’s Resolutions are successful in achieving their goal? About 75% make it through that first week, and then it drops dramatically.